Elvis Presleys Born: January 8, 1935 - Tupelo, Missisipi
Elvis Presleys Dead: August 16, 1977 - Memphis, Tennessee
Elvis Presleys Height: 6'1
Elvis Presleys Hair: Light blondish brown (he dyed his hair black.)
Elvis Presleys Eyes: Blue
Elvis Presleys Chest: 39-40
Elvis Presleys Waist: 32"
Elvis Presleys Hips: 41
Elvis Presleys Shoe size: 11D'
Elvis Presleys Social security number: 409-52-2002
Elvis Presleys Selective service number: 40-86-35-16
Elvis Presleys Army serial number: 53310761 (draft number)
Elvis Presleys Registration number for his Convair 880 Jet: N880EP
Elvis Presleys National Bank of Commerce checking account number: 011-143875 (he signed all checks "E.A. Presley")
Elvis Presleys Favorite flower: Jasmine
Elvis Presleys Favourite Sports: Karate, Racquet ball, Football
Elvis Presleys Favourite drink: Pepsi
Elvis Presleys Favourite actors: James Dean, Marlon Brando, Dean Martin, Rudolph Valentino
Elvis Presleys Favourite wild animal: Tigers
Elvis Presleys Favourite make of car: Cadillac
Elvis Presleys Favourite gemstone: Diamond
Elvis Presleys Favourite home: Graceland
Elvis Presleys Favourite colors: Blue, black, white, gold
Elvis Presleys Favourite toothpaste: Colgate
Elvis Presleys Favourite Aftershaves: Brut, and Aqua Velva
Elvis Presleys Blood type: 0 positive
Elvis Presleys Weight: 168 to 250 ( his weight increased after 1975 )
Elvis Presleys Waist: 30 - 42
Elvis Presleys Eyes: Blue
Elvis Presleys Hair: dishwater Blond ( Dyed Black )
Elvis Presleys last words: Ok, I won't ( To Ginger Alden, meaning that he won't fall asleep in the
ELVIS PRESLEY FAVOURITES...
Elvis Presleys Favourite Drink: Pepsi cola
Elvis Presleys Favourite Cigar: Roi-Tan Blunts
Elvis Presleys Favourite Foods: Peanut Butter, Mashed Potatoes, Cheesburgers
Elvis Presleys Favourite Toothpaste: Colgate
Elvis Presleys Favourite Aftershave: Brut
Elvis Presleys Favourite Books: The bible, The face of Jesus, The impersonal life, The Prophet, The Shroud of Turin
Elvis Presleys Favourite Films: Patton, Dr. Strangelove, Monty Python and Holy Grail, The Party, The pink Panther, The dirty harry film.
Elvis Presleys Favourite Co-stars: Ann Margret, Nancy Sinatra, Mary Ann Mobley, Juliet Prowse, Shelley Fabares
NICKNAMES FOR ELVIS PRESLEY:
Elvis the Pelvis the Hillbilly Cat
the King of Rock 'n' Roll Hillbilly Frank Sinatra
Alan (code name at Graceland)
the Country Cat
the King of Western Bop
Sir Swivel Hips
Tiger (karate name)
the Atomic Powered Singer
"my Boy" and "son" (used by the colonel)
Mr. Wiggle and Shakethe King of Hearts
the King of Love
the King of swoon
ELVIS' PRESLEYS TELEPHONE NUMBERS:
ELVIS PRESLEY TELEPHONE NUMBERS
(there were no area codes.)
870-0370 (the colonel)
Beverly Hills: 278-3496
274-8498 (the colonel)
Palm Springs: 325-3241
325-4781 (the colonel)
ELVIS' PRESLEYS ADDRESSES:
1. 306 Old Satillo Road, Elvis' birthplace, is now 306 Elvis Presley Drive. The two room wood frame house that Vernon built for $ 180 was designated a state historical site by the Mississippi Department of Archives and History on January 8, 1978.
2. Reese Street, where the Presleys stayed with Vester and Clettes Presley and their daughter Patsy, 1940-41
3. Kelly Street, a rented, small apartment, 1942
4. Vernon paid $ 200 down on the house on Berry Street on August 8, 1945. He was forced to sell it on July 18, 1946. "Doll" Smith lived here with the Presleys and then Minnie Mae Presley moved in.
5. Commerce Street, a rental, in 1946
6. 510 1/2 Maple Street, South Tupelo where the Presleys lived with Glady's cousin Frank Richards and his wife, Leona.
7. Mulbery Alley
8.1010 North Green Street, in the Shakerag section of Tupelo.
1. 572 Poplar Avenue (Sept. 12, 1948-Sept. 20, 1949)
2.185 Winchester Street, a two- bedroom apartment (number 328)
3. 398 Cypress Street (rented from January 7 to April 1953
4. 2414 Lamar Avenue (rented from end of 1954 to mid-1955)
5.1414 Getwell Street (rented from mid-1955 to May, 11 1956.)
6. 1034 Audubon Drive, where Elvis bought a three-bedroom home in April 1956 for $ 40,000 The family lived her from May 11 1956 to March 1957. Elvis allegedly sold the house for $ 55,000 it had an iron fence which still exists at the property. The Audubon Drive neighbors hated the Presleys and the commotion caused by fans. A neighborhood group asked the Presleys to leave.
7. 3764 Elvis Presley Boulevard (in a suburb of Memphis called Whitehaven) is where Graceland sits. Elvis purchased the house for $ 100,000 and lived there until his death.
1. Elvis stayed at the Knickerbocker Hotel on Ivar Avenue, on the 11th floorwith Memphis Mafia, Gladys, and Vernon during the filming of Loving You. He then stayed at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel and eventually moved to the Regent Beverly Wilshire at 9500 Wilshire Boulevard.
2. 565 Perugia Way, Bel Air (a rental 1960-63 moved back into the home 1963-65)
3. 1059 Bellagio Road, Bel Air was a rental and had a bowling alley Elvis lived here briefly in 1963 and 1965
4. 10550 Rocca Place, Bel Air (a rental from late 1965 to May 7 1967)
5. 1174 Hillcrest a three bedroom home in the Trousdale Estates was purchased on May 7 1967, for approximately $ 400,000
6. 144 Monovale in the Holmby Hills
7. 835 Chino Canyon Road was a vacation home in Palm Springs Elvis built this white stucco single story fifteen room ranch ranch for $ 85,000 and willed it to Lisa Marie in 1979 it was sold.
8. 1350 Leadera Circle, was in Palm Springs. Elvis rented the five thousand square foot home in April 1970.
1. 906 Oak Hill Drive in Killeen Texas. Elvis rented the four bedroom for members of the Memphis Mafia and his parents in May 1958
2. 14 Goethestrasse was in Bad Nauheim, West Germany. For $ 800 a month, Elvis rented a five bedroom white stucco house at this location from October 1958 to the end of 1959 while he served in the Army.
3. 4152 Royal Crest Place in Memphis was the home Elvis bought and gave as a gift to Ginger Alden. It was one block from Graceland.
4. The Circle G Ranch was located on 163 acres off Rt. 301 in DeSoto County Near Walls Mississippi.
Old Saltillo Road - Tupelo, Missisipi ( Elvis' Birthplace )
510 1/2 Maple Street - Tupelo
1010 North Green Street - Tupelo
Berry Street ( two houses in different times )
572 Poplar Avenue - Memphis, Tennessee
185 Winchester Street - Memphis
698 Saffarans Street - Memphis
462 Alabama Street - Memphis
2414 Lamar Avenue - Memphis
1414 Getwell Street - Memphis
1034 Audubon Drive - Memphis ( first house Elvis bought )
3764 Elvis Presley Boulevard - Memphis ( GRACELAND, the King's mansion ) Antes llamada Highway 51
565 Perugia Way ( Bel Air ) - Los Angeles, California
1059 Bellagio Road ( Bel Air ) - Los Angeles
10550 Rocco Place ( Bel Air ) - Los Angeles
1174 Hillcrest - Los Angeles
144 Monovale ( Holmby Hills ) - Los Angeles
845 Chino Canyon Road - Los Angeles
1350 Leadera Circle - Los Angeles
370 Washington Street, Memphis, TN
Elvis' first home in Memphis was this rooming house where they paid $11 a week to live.
572 Poplar Ave., Memphis, TN
May 14, 1949 - Around this date they move to another rooming house. The rent was $9.50 a week.
185 Winchester Street, Apt. # 185, Memphis, TN
Sept. 20, 1949 Elvis and his family were accepted into this Memphis Housing Authority property called Lauderdale Courts. This two-bedroom apartment cost them $35 a month. In February 1952 they were allowed to sign a new lease with
the rent raised to $43 a month. By Nov. 17, 1952 they were evicted because they made too much money
to live in assisted housing. The combined family income was $4,133.
698 Saffarans Street, Memphis, TN
Records show the family was living here during January 1953.
462 Alabama, Memphis, TN
By March 1953 the family was living in an apartment in this home for $50 a month.
2414 Lamar Ave., Memphis, TN
In 1955 the family lived here.
1414 Getwell, Memphis, TN
In September 1955 this was their address and they paid $85 a month in rent.
1034 Audubon Drive, Memphis, TN
March 12, 1956 Elvis was making enough money to purchase this home for his family for $29,500
from the Welsh Plywood Corporation.
3764 Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, TN
On March 25, 1957 Elvis purchased his beloved Graceland for $102,500 from
Mrs. Ruth Brown Moore. This was his permanent home until he died here on August 16, 1977.
Additional homes during the Graceland years:
906 Oak Hill Drive, Killeen, TX
Home Elvis rented in 1958 during basic training at Ft. Hood, Texas.
Goethestrasse 14, Bad Nauheim, West Germany
Home Elvis rented in 1959/60 while serving in the US Army in Germany.
525 Perugia Way, Bel Air, CA
Elvis rented this home twice. September 1960 to November 1961 and January 1963 - 1965.
10539 Bellagio Rd., Bel Air, CA
Elvis rented this home from November 1961 to January 1963.
10550 Rocco Place, Bel Air, CA
Elvis rented this home in February 1966.
1174 Hillcrest Ave., Beverly Hills, CA
Elvis and Priscilla bought this home in November 1967 for $400,000.
144 Monovale, Holmby Hills, CA
Elvis and Priscilla bought this larger home in December 1970 for $339,000.
1350 Leadera Circle, Palm Springs, CA
Elvis leased this home on September 21, 1966
Camino del Norte, Palm Springs, CA
Elvis and Priscilla rented this home in April 1968 while looking for one to buy.
845 Chino Canyon Rd., Palm Springs, CA
Elvis and Priscilla bought this home in April 1970 paying $13,187.83 down and signing a mortgage for $85,000.
Elvis now rest along with his mother, father and grandmother in the meditation
Gardens located on the grounds of Graceland.
ELVIS THE NAME:
Elvis is from a Norse word meaning " all wise "
ELVIS PPRESLEY MET MANY FAMOUS SINGERS LIKE..
Elton John: June 27, 1976. Elvis met Elton backstage after his show in Largo, Maryland. Elton would like to offer Elvis a
song, but nothing comes of it.
Eric Clapton: 1975. Elvis met Clapton in Memphis, Elvis didn't knew who Clapton was so Eric told Elvis that he played guitar
and the king answered that if he wanted guitar lessons his guitar man ( James Burton ) could give him some....
Led Zeppelin Band: May 11, 1975. The Led Zeppelin Band was sitting in the front row during the show in Los Angeles on May
11 and after they went to the Hotel to met the king. Robert Plant and Jimmy Page were huge Elvis' fans. Elvis did a great
night and later he said: I guess I showed those boys how to rock...
Elvis was a close friend with Tom Jones, Elvis thought that Jones was great and Jones that Elvis was the same.
ELVIS PRESLEYS FAVOURTE FOODS:
Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
3 tablespoons peanut butter
2 slices light bread
1 banana, mashed
2 tablespoons margarine, melted
Mix soft peanut butter and mashed banana together. Toast bread lightly. Spread peanut butter and mashed banana on toast. Place
into melted margarine; brown on both sides.
Ham Bone Dumplings
1 large ham bone or leftover ham
2 quarts water
salt and pepper
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Crisco shortening
1 cup cold water
Simmer ham bone in water for 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Combine dumpling ingredients to make dough. Add more flour if needed to make dough easy to handle. Place dough on floured
board and roll very thin. Cut dough into small pieces and drop into pot with ham. Cook about 20 - 25 minutes more.
Baked Apple And Sweet Potato Pudding
4 large sweet potatoes
3 medium apples
1 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon apple pie spice
1/2 cup butter -- melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
graham cracker crumbs
Wash; peel sweet potatoes and apples. Cut into slices. Cover bottom of pan with graham cracker crumbs. Layer potatoes and
apples in dish. Mix brown sugar with water and pour over each layer. Season each layer with cinnamon, apple pie spice, butter,
and flavoring. Spread a few graham cracker crumbs over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Let pudding stand for
4 or 5 minutes, then serve.
ELVIS PRESLEY FACTS:
Elvis Aaron Presley, January 8, 1935 - August 16, 1977
Elvis charted more songs on Billboard's Hot 100 than any other artist. (149)Elvis spent more weeks at the top of the charts
than any other artist.
(80)Elvis had the greatest number of consecutive #1 hits.
(10)Elvis is second only to the Beatles in
total of #1 hits.
(18)Elvis has the second most Multi-Plaintum records
(The Beatles have 24; Led Zepplin has 13)
Elvis has more Gold records than any other artist (81)
(Barbara Streisand has 42; The Beatles have 41)
Elvis has more Platinum records than any other artist (43)
(The Beatles have 36; Barbara Streisand has 26)
No wonder they call him The King.
External Elvis Presley Links:
The Elvis Presley Music Library http://www.beep.com/members/king-elvis-presley/index.htm
Details of all Elvis Presleys´available CD´s and DVD´s around the world!
Rare Elvis DVD´s And Death 1977 http://www.king-elvis-presley.de
ELVIS Presley DVD´s And CD´s - Rare Live Concert On Tour Las Vegas Death Funeral Photo